Spending your honeymoon in the Caribbean is an awesome idea. It is the first vacation you spend with your partner as a married couple. Like any vacation, you should start with a proper plan and not leave anything to chance.
Here are the 5 easy steps to have a great Caribbean honeymoon:
1. Plan ahead of time. Planning your Caribbean honeymoon should not come second to planning your wedding. They should be planned in conjunction with each other. Research online, ask for the assistance of a travel agent and read travel magazines. This will give you an idea where to go and will help you decide what particular Caribbean destinations you should see. Check out the reviews of the different Caribbean hotels or resorts. User reviews will let you know what prior guests have experienced while expert reviews will inform you of the pros and cons. Find the best hotel or resort you can afford. Here, you must decide what type of accommodation you would get. Make sure you can afford your honeymoon or if not, have your honeymoon registry ready.
2. Secure your destination. Having planned early, you should have made up your mind where or what hotel or resort you will stay. Have it fixed but give yourself a second and third option if your original plan fails. The thing is: you should have determined where and when to go. You should also have determined what to do when you get there.
3. Book early. Normally, a good 6-8 month prior to your departure booking will let you have the access to great discounts and special rates. Another thing is, many Caribbean hotels and resorts sell out early especially during the wedding season.
4. Prepare all your documents. Have your passport and other travel documents ready months in advance. Take note that you are, at the same time, preparing for your wedding and it is assumed that you are very busy with several engagements and appointments. Have a week to prepare for all of these. Travel documents should not be neglected.
5. Don’t forget to confirm. Weeks before your scheduled Caribbean honeymoon make sure you call your travel agent and confirm all your flight and reservations. Don’t forget to do this so that you can avoid any problems the day of your departure. Doing this would also give you enough time to make changes if there are any. Reconfirm days before your departure.
Make sure you remember these steps and you will have a bigger chance of a smooth and hassle-free Caribbean honeymoon.
We would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below, stop by and check out www.djxtc.net Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram
Looking for money saving advice ? Subscribe to our mailing list.
Neal McFarlane is a full-time Toronto Wedding DJ ,VJ and MC who enjoys sharing his decades of knowledge to elevate every single event he can.